Tech geeks at Microsoft .NET Framework Developer Center have come up with a great end-to-end sample application in the name of ‘.NET StockTrader’ in order to demonstrate how to engineer enterprise level applications using Microsoft .NET Framework. Some of the distinguishing features of this sample application include
- Load Balancing and Failover clustering
- Centralized configuration management of clustered service nodes
- Horizontally scalable via dynamic clustering
- Interoperability with Java and PHP services
- Service host failure detection and automatic restarts
- Full interoperability with J2EE and IBM WebSphere's Trade 6.1
You can download the complete sample application with source code and technical documentation from the official website of ‘.NET Stock Trader’ Sample Application. Although it’s a fairly complex application and does need quite some time to completely absorb and understand it but it’s a great learning experience. I would highly recommend you to start experimenting with it and read and learn more and more about it in order to broaden your tech vision and have insight into engineering sophisticated applications using .NET Framework.